This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MagicalFamilyFirsts #CollectiveBias
As a Florida resident, I’ve been going to Walt Disney World for as long as I can remember. As a child I went often, and Walt Disney World holds a special place in my heart because my husband and I met there during a high school trip. We’ve instilled a love of Walt Disney World in our children from an early age: Brandon, who is now 13, went 11 times in his first three years. Matty, now 9, went on his very first vacation when he was just three months old. We are annual passholders and go as often as we can, sometimes as many as 6 times a year! When the boys were younger, we packed their diaper bag with all the baby essentials, including Huggies diapers and wipes. Now that they are older, our vacations are much easier. We’ve perfected our Walt Disney World travels, from travel time to affordable hotel stays. We even bring a backpack filled with a few essentials that make our visits to the parks easy and convenient.
It’s easy to prepare for a visit to the most Magical Place on Earth, whether your vacation lasts two days or 10!
How to Pack Your Backpack for a Day at the Parks
- A comfortable backpack with a few compartments or pockets.
- Easy to eat Snacks: pretzels, granola or cereal bars, fruit, crackers, or individualized snack packs are all great options.
- Sunblock – we prefer to pack a small bottle of the cream kind for faces, and a spray bottle for arms and legs.
- Flip flops – there are a few water rides throughout Walt Disney World property. And while typically clothes will dry from the hot Florida sun, it is no fun to walk around with soaked sneakers. Change shoes right before getting on the ride, and put sneakers back on afterwards (bring a small plastic shopping bag as well, so that the wet flip flops can be put away in this bag without wetting other items in the backpack).
- Bottles of water – these can be purchased or refillable bottles from home. I recommend one bottle per person, which can be refilled at water fountains or restaurants with fountain drink service throughout the parks.
- One pack of baby wipes – Huggies Natural Care Wipes are our top choice. The boys and I have sensitive skin, and Huggies Natural Care Wipes are unscented and dermatologically tested, making them safe and gentle for sensitive skin. They are great for cleaning faces and sticky hands, or even for wiping foreheads and necks on a hot day.
A few optional items:
- Ponchos – Walt Disney World is in Florida, it can rain, but the good news is, most of the time the rain lasts a short time. You can walk into a store and do your souvenir shopping, or sit down for a meal while you wait for the rain to stop.
- Change of clothes, particularly for kids – If your kids will find it uncomfortable to walk around in wet clothes for a little while after riding Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids, or if your kiddos want to spend some time at Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station in Fantasyland, a dry set of clothes in a large zip bag is a great thing to have in your Day at the Park backpack.
- Towel – a small towel is perfect to dry off the little ones after they’ve had water fun, or even to wrap around them if they feel a little chilly on a ride, inside a restaurant, or in the evening as you stroll around the park.
This backpack filled with essentials will make your journey throughout Walt Disney World parks much more enjoyable!
During our most recent trip to BJ’s Wholesale, we stocked up on snack options and Huggies Natural Care Wipes. You never know when we’ll spontaneously jump in the car and visit our favorite vacation destination!
Before heading out, we always check the Walt Disney World Planning site for any offers and new experiences the parks have to offer.
BJ’s and Huggies are all about family firsts, including one family’s chance to experience the magical firsts of Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Did you know that every Huggies purchase gets you another chance to win a 4-Day, 3-Night Walt Disney World Experience?
It’s easy to enter:
- Buy Huggies®.
- Upload your receipt
- Visit BJsHuggiesSweeps.com for more details
Tell me, when was the first time your family experienced Walt Disney World’s Magic?