As seen at Dana’s:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Depends, if it’s Cuban egg nog, called Crema de Vie, then that. If not, Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa wraps presents, of course! No sense of anticipation for the little one without wrapping.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, I like the color to come from the rest of the decor: ornaments, candles, candies.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I have a “kissing ball” I bought from Crate and Barrel a couple of years ago.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually try to put them up Thanksgiving weekend, or the first weekend in December, but studying, papers, and finals delayed the process this year and we didn’t get around to until last weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Val’s lechon asado
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My brother and sister and I opening our presents, then pretty much playing with them all day long.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember how, but I think it was around 10 or so.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, I open gifts as soon as I get them!
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? This will be the first year we leave cookies for Santa, so it will probably be chocolate chip, unless I gather the courage to bake again and make some sugar cookies.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it, it’s so pretty! (unless I live near it, then I imagine I’d have to shovel it, and that I don’t want to do.)
12. Can you ice skate? Nope, never tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? I think it was my bike.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? spending time with family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love pretty much all desserts…do I really have to choose?!?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? House-hopping
17. What tops your tree? A rustic metal star I got at Target last year. Very country!
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Both
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Harry Connick Jr’s “Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers”
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM!